Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Romney said he will stay on as a part-timer with Bain, providing input on investment and key personnel decisions. But he will leave running day-to-day operations to Bain's executive committee." (Greg Gatlin, "Romney Looks To Restore Olympic Pride" The Boston Herald, 2/12/99)

.

Excerpt of an Article from Slate.com :



"This is a truly bizarre scandal. At base, we're seeing a candidate get shamed because he took a (paid) leave of absence in order to successfully turn around the Olympics. But the way he described that decision in his 2006 book Turnaround made it clear -- he kept up some Bain Capital ties. "When I talked to my partners at Bain Capital," he wrote, "I opined that it wouldn't make sense for me to come back to the company at the end of my tenture at SLOC as I had following my [1994] campaign." They disagreed and came to a different arrangement -- not as much control as he'd retained in 1994, but not zero influence."



Slate.com
Did the Romney Campaign Create the Swift-Yachting Story?
By David Weigel
Friday, July 13, 2012


Did the Romney Campaign Create the Swift-Yachting Story?



**************************

No comments:

Post a Comment